2020年欧洲杯时间表Title IX is a federal civil rights law passed as part of the Education Amendments of 1972. This law protects people from discrimination on the basis of gender in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance. Also, a recipient may not retaliate against any person for opposing an unlawful educational practice or policy, or because a person made charges, testified or participated in any complaint action under Title IX. Title IX states:
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
— Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 to the 1964 Civil Rights Act
Title IX Statement
It is the policy of Shippensburg University to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. This policy is in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
2020年欧洲杯时间表Prohibited sex discrimination covers sexual harassment including sexual violence. Sexual harassment is conduct that is sexual in nature and is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive that it adversely affects a student’s ability to benefit from the University’s activities or educational programs or creates a hostile or abusive educational environment. Sexual violence is a form of sexual harassment, prohibited by Title IX which includes conduct that is criminal in nature. Acts may include rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual coercion, unwanted touching, dating violence, and sexually motivated stalking.
2020年欧洲杯时间表Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX may be referred to Shippensburg University’s Title IX Coordinator or to the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights.
Mandatory Syllabus Language for Title IX
Shippensburg University and its faculty are committed to assuring a safe and productive educational environment for all students. In order to meet this commitment and to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and guidance from the Office for Civil Rights, the University requires faculty members to report incidents of sexual violence shared by students to the University’s Title IX Coordinator.
The only exceptions to faculty member’s reporting obligations are when incidents of sexual violence are communicated by students during classroom discussions, in writing assignments for class, or as part of University-approved research projects.
2020年欧洲杯时间表Faculty members are obligated to report allegations of sexual violence or any other abuse of a student who was, or is, a child (a person under 18 years of age) when the abuse allegedly occurred. Such reporting must be made to the Shippensburg University Police (717) 477-1444, the Department of Human Services (DHS) at 800-932-0313, and the University’s Office of the Vice President of Enrollment Management, Student Affairs and Student Success (717) 477-1235.
Information regarding the reporting of sexual violence and the resources that are available to victims of sexual violence is set forth at the following link.
Statements of Compliance
Title IX Coordinator
Stephanie A. Jirard
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257-2299
Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Nipa Browder, Deputy Title IX Coordinator in Human Resources for all reports from faculty, staff, managers, administration and contractors at NBrowder@mrcowpie.com or (717) 477-1124
- Marcus Foster, Deputy Title IX Coordinator in Equity, Inclusion and Compliance for all reports from students, faculty, staff, managers, administration and contractors at MLFoster@mrcowpie.com or (717) 477-1161
- Jenn Milburn, Deputy Title IX Coordinator in Students Affairs for reports from students at JSMilburn@mrcowpie.com or 717-477-1904
- Rochelle Plummer, Deputy Title IX Coordinator in Student Success for reports from students at RDPlummer@mrcowpie.com or 717-477-1033
- Carrie Michaels, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Gender Equity in Athletics for reports from students, coaching faculty and staff in Athletics at CAMichaels@mrcowpie.com or 717-477-1711
Department of Education
Address: 400 Maryland Ave SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100
2020年欧洲杯时间表Phone Number: (202) 245-6700
2020年欧洲杯时间表Toll-Free: (800) 421-3481
TTY: (800) 877-8339
- Office of Equity, Inclusion and Compliance Home
- Report Sexual Misconduct
- Report Discrimination, Harassment, or Retaliation
- What Is Sexual Misconduct
- Confidential Resources for Sexual Misconduct
- Other Resources
- Ship Says No More
- Title IX Notice
- Human Understanding Grant Proposals
- Climate Study Results